My name is Mehrnaz Mohammadi. I was born and raised in Iran, and as a little girl, I dreamt of flying away, exploring the world, and truly living a life of a free bird. I moved to Montreal at the age of 19, and obtained a BFA in Theatre Performance from Concordia University. I also studied Chinese opera at NACTA in Beijing.
In 2014, I moved to Los Angeles to pursue a MFA in Acting from the USC School of Dramatic Arts, where I also received an International Artist Fellowship. I graduated with her MFA in May 2017. I've done number of Plays in Montreal, Minneapolis and Los Angeles such as, Scorched, The seventh Seal, Antigone, Angels in America and Dead Hands. My journey started from a dream, and the dream continues to unfold.
Fun Facts About Me:
- My family expected a boy when I was born and they even named me Meelad.
- I had a chicken for a pet named Hashim which later on I found out was a rooster.
- I used to sew the palm of my hand with red thread for fun.
- At 14, I wrote that I will never smoke, drink and have sex, and I did all that by the age of 17.
- I used to steal money from my mom’s wallet.
- I am practicing to move my toes individually.
- I learn Fast
- I have Stamina
- I’m sensitive
- I’m fierce
So contact me, and let’s work together on the next project.